Saturday, February 2, 2008

Implants... not breast implants...

Ever wonder if other people are hard of hearing as well?

I was in the store today and someone was asking me a question... and I answered...

then she pointed to my ear that is showing my Freedom implant... and says... "What is that? A unique Bluetooth?"

"No, it's my implant"

*GASP* "You shouldn't tell people when you get implants! That is simply too much information! Oh how disgusting!"

(If you're wondering... she was... ahem... very small)

"Ma'am, I am sorry for not clarifying, these are my COCHLEAR implants. I am deaf without these. Also, for your TMI... these are real...not implants."

Her face turned very red.

Isn't that an amusing trip to the store?

3 comments:

Sara M. said...

Did that woman REALLY say that? Either she's super duper dumb, or she just doesn't have any sense at all.

Oh Joy! said...

Oh she was grossed out. She really thought I was talking about my chest. I vote super duper dumb!

BETHANY said...

I would have loved to see the look on that woman's face through the conversation! Three cheers for your quick wit!!!