Sunday, April 6, 2008

Cleaning Heaven

Hey everyone!!

I stayed up cleaning!!! Imagine that!! I had sooo much fun finding out what my homemade cleaner cleans! WOW!! Talk about impressed!! I cleaned my stove, fridge, dishwasher, counters, walls, and cabinets with this and it wipes off!! This is the first time I've ever been able to clean without coughing and wheezing from the chemicals! I was in cleaning heaven! I don't want you guys to be left out so I'm gonna share this recipe with y'all.

You will need a clean 32 oz trigger spray bottle.
From the health food store you need- Castile soap, this is an all natural soap made from vegetable oils. (I got mine at Trader Joe's)

In areas with hard water you will need to buy distilled or purified water from the grocery store. The minerals in the hard water will inhibit the soap’s ability to work. Borax, vinegar and an essential oil, if you wish will, round out your shopping list.

In a two cup glass measuring cup mix 2 Tbls of white distilled vinegar and 1 tsp of borax. Add 1 cup of hot water and stir until the borax is dissolved. Let this mixture cool a few minutes and then pour into the spray bottle. Add more water to the bottle leaving enough to add 1/4 cup of castile soap. To scent, add 15-20 drops of your favorite essential oil.


















Ü

No comments: