Thursday, May 8, 2008

Bike Ride Reflections

In my previous blog, I mentioned the exhaustion of the 12 mile bike ride with the kids. It felt great and I was very proud of my kids for being able to do that!!

Elijah rides behind me and it was funny... on the way back he was getting bored... so he kept lifting my shirt to blow raspberries! I was afraid we were going to fall because it tickles! He would giggle and laugh in such a boyish mischievous laugh. :)

The kids love riding to a park and playing for awhile and riding back home... or to the van... and when we get home... they are exhausted!! They go to bed easily without a fight! :) Nathan no longer sneaks Sonlight books into his room to read by the 3 watt night light.

I have changed who I am as a mother.

I am no longer the mean mother anymore.

I am investing much more time into my kids and being active with them. I have them involved in chores and we do them together as a team. We eat together (as usual) but it is more meaningful as we are coming together to do things.

We go out and do free entertainment... riding bikes... to a park... free.

We have our evening tea - and talk about our day. I would read to them a story or from the Bible... and then we'll pray together.

After all that... I send them off to bed at 7:30... and they can read... pray... think... whatever they want... on their beds... until 8:30. This solves the problem of Nathan staying up late to read... and then he becomes such a grumpy crab in the next day.

I love life as a mother.

The best job you could ever ask for.

No comments: