Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Elijah's Memorial Day

Elijah definitely knows how to have a memorial day!! :)


Yep. That's him in the ambulance.

One sunny day, I decided that it was a beautiful day for biking. However, the weather man decided to ruin it by informing me of potential thunderstorms coming... (and it never came)... so I decided to play it safe and since I was in the area... I would take the kids to the Greene where they can frolic in the fountain like calves let from the stall... (their apartment) so my three children ran in and out of the fountain gleefully.

However, Elijah decided that he wanted a goody bag that Nathan and Ellie got. The Greene offers complimentary towel service for children that were playing in the fountain. Along with the towel, the kids got goody bags, except Elijah.

I, stupidly wrapped the towel around Elijah, and sent him on his way with Nathan to get his bag. Within a few minutes... I heard a piercing scream... and felt bad for the parent of that child... not knowing that child... was MY child...

Elijah came back to me... with a huge huge huge HUGE bump on his head.

the security people came... and they called Medics... I thought they meant the first aid people... not the MEDICS... as in EMS... AMBULANCE...

a siren... LOUD... LOUDER... in my embarrassment... it was coming for us!! to rescue us!!

All the gorgeous men jumped out with their biceps toting their equipment. For the record, there was a lady in training, (she's in the pic with Elijah)...

they strongly advised me to take him to the ER because it was a head injury and such a small child. Elijah wasn't responding or answering any questions. He was staring off into space... in a daze...

We were in and out quickly. I was given specifics to look for... phew... he's back to himself.

This morning, when he woke up... he told me... "I no go shool." :)

1 comment:

Linda said...

Sounds like a little too much excitement! Glad he is OK.