Monday, May 5, 2008

Tooth woes.

God is awesome!!!

Oh... I forgot to add that I also got my tooth worked on at a Dentist Urgent care by the Dayton Mall... do.not.go.there. PERIOD!

I got a very nasty infection and half of my face was so swollen. I can't believe that I went to church looking like that. My own fiance didn't recognize me!! *sniffle*

Anyhow, before the infection, I was in excruciating pain. It hurt more than giving birth naturally to two kids... and with an epidural with the last one... and having to have stitches... it hurt more than having 4 cochlear implant surgeries... think about the intensity of my pain!!! OW!!!

So... I went to the ER thinking that I had an infection... they sent me to the other ER with the dentist there... so I waited for 4 hours for a numbing thing to take the edge off of my pain. The dentist told me that I have 7 hours to be able to sleep without having to wake up. (I haven't slept in 2 days due to the pain) So... I rush to CVS and drop off the prescriptions... hurry home... crashed at my mom's house... gave Ellie specific instructions to not open the door or turn the stove on... or do anything illegal.

The next day, my face was swollen!!! I HAD to go to church. I was looking forward to it! I was looking forward to getting together with the Body of Christ to corporately worship Him. My spirit gets lifted after a time of worship...

so I worshiped...

my face got even more swollen... to the point where my eye was almost swollen shut. I thought, hmmm... maybe I'm allergic to perocet or amoxillian.... so I quickly leave church and head out to the ER for the second time... they quickly hook me up to the IV and I got an antibiotic through the IV... then I was sent to the hospital in Dayton that had the Emergency Dentist... they thought they were going to have to drain the abscess... but due to the swollen face... they couldn't see the "air bubble" so... I left... with another prescription for a stronger antibody.

What a day!! Very gradually through the week, my face became normal... I still have a little bubble over my tooth... I'm hoping that it will go away on its own!! Pray that it does!!

1 comment:

Sara M. said...

I really feel like this is my fault... I told you to call that stupid dental urgent care. sorry :o(