Saturday, May 24, 2008

Books... Confirmation... Bible... Notepad...

Don't you love it when your heart is bursting forth with scriptures and it edifies you?? It's amazing how we read the Bible... and it becomes apart of you! I have spent almost 2 years in a Bible college... I could have graduated... if ONLY... I stayed there and finished the last 2 quarters... I had such a burning desire to get out... and to tend to my little brother... he needed a way to get back to NC... so I left Bible school... and took him... and got back involved with my ex. Stupid mistake... I know... so don't remind me...

Anyways... what's amazing is that I am able to remember so many verses in my times of distress. God is incredible - He is so wonderful to me. No, I don't like going through this time in my life... but I do enjoy drawing closer to Him... because I know that He will never let me go. He will never reject me.

Because I've had different snippets of scripture on my heart... I just didn't know where they were found in the Bible... I knew one was from JOB... but where were the others??

So... I looked at my bookshelf... and was drawn to this one book... "IN HIS FACE" by Bob Sorge. I had an extra copy but I mailed it to my whimsy jar buddy. I am hoping that the book will bless her as well.

Job 1:21 "The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord."

Proverbs 18:10 "The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe."

Hosea 7:14 "They did not cry out to Me with hteir heart when they wailed on their beds."

I thought that verse was interesting... He was offended... if we don't coming crying to Him. Did you know that through all of Job's wrestlings, questions, anger, self-pity, and indignation -

JOB KEPT HIS FACE TOWARD GOD. That's what I want to do...

Psalm 84:5-6 "Blessed is the man whose strength is in You, whose heart is set on pigrimage. As they pass through the Valley of Baca, they make it a spring; the rain also overs it with pools."

I am definitely going through the Valley of Baca!! It is a desert valley and 'Baca' means "weeping" --> that is me!!

Psalm 84:7 "They go from strength to strength; each one appears before God in Zion."

This is my favorite Psalm - I had it quoted in my yearbook from Bible college, (I think I did! :)

Psalm 27:4 "One thing I have desired of the Lord, that I will seek; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to inquire in His temple."

Isaiah 40:31 "But those that wait on the Lord shall renew their strength"

Isaiah 30:18 "Therefore the Lord will wait, that He may be gracious to you; and therefore He will be exalted, that He may have mercy on you. For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed are all those who wait for Him."

Isaiah 49:23 "For they shall not be ashamed who wait for Me."

Isaiah 41:9-10 "You are my servant, I have chosen you and have not cast you away: Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

Isn't that verse awesome?!

I feel so much better now... because I know that if my God is for me... WHO can stand against me?? He is so much stronger than I am... I'd be a stupid fool if I tried to do this on my own.


No comments: