Monday, May 5, 2008

No pain - but boo boos.

Well.... I did it again. It's been awhile since I rollerbladed. It felt awesome to plug my COCHLEAR implant into my brother's portable Sony CD player. I love that thing because it gives me so many fond memories and I play only worship CD's in there. I love it when the song, 'I can only Imagine' comes on because that was played at my brother's memorial service.

Ahhh... back to rollerblading.... we stopped at my mom's condo and got the mutt... in fancy words, my mother's King Charles Caviler Cocker Spaniel Mix. He is a little black thing with a patch of white on his nose.

Off we went with the dog on the leash. We went down Bigger Rd. Right in front of Victoria Secret Outlet, I hit a bump, an uneven sidewalk, *crash* *plunk* *thunk*

The dog froze.

The toddler in the stroller upside down.

Blood gushing out.

"STOP!" I yelled to Nathan and Ellie who were a block ahead of me...

The dog stared at me... (oh my goodness... he could have taken off for his freedom!!) I quickly grabbed his leash. I pulled Eli back to a normal stance on the stroller... I muttered to myself...

"Owwww." I was worried about my cell phone and CD player. I was afraid they got broken in the fall. (It was fine! Phew!)

I can not remember the last time I fell and got a boo boo. I am 29 years old. I couldn't believe it. Aren't kids the only ones supposed to fall and get hurt? Too bad I didn't have my mommy to kiss my boo boo.

We made it to the park by Pollen Farm. The kids played for awhile and I looked at my scrapes. Finally my mom came to the park and got her dignified dog who whimpered at every child that came to the park.

No comments: