Friday, May 30, 2008

We love watching your family!!

WOW! What a great compliment!!! A mom in her minivan yelled out to me that they love watching us go by! (apparently they've seen us many times!)

It's become a habit for me to take the kids out almost every day or every OTHER day - depending on the weather and what we have on our schedule. We enjoy getting out and being active... ok... let me rephrase this...

I am fat.

I need to lose weight.

I am a mean mother making my marvelous magnificent children come along with me. I do not have a husband to stay home with the children so I can go out and exercise. I have 3 children. What do I do? I bribe them.

"Hey guys!! Wanna go ride our bikes to a park?"

"YEAH!!!!"

Great!! They are excited and ready to go!!! :) We get our gear together and ready to go in about 10 minutes... I am on my roller blades and I push Elijah in the jogging stroller complete with a suspension system that I picked up at a yard sale last year for only $35. It's such a sweet stroller and I'm so thankful that I got it. I almost didn't because I thought I was going to be impulsive.

We ride 4 miles to a park that is near Pollen Farms. I told the kids that if we ride 1.5 miles farther, we will end up at another park. It is their choice. They always choose to go to the other park.

So... that makes 11 miles!! :)

Today, we went swimming at my mom's condo for about 2 hours... then we biked/bladed to the miniature golf course... I got the kids ice cream... and a bottle of water for me. :) Go mom!!

So... since the beginning of May... I have lost 19lbs!!!

GO ME! I am driven! I have a vision!! I look and see slender ladies and I tell myself... that will be ME!!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

You, my dear, completely ROCK.

Wow....

Your Fan,
Andrea

BETHANY said...

Way to go!! I'm a lazy slug who admires your commitment to moving your body. :)

Sara M. said...

You looked so thin at church Sunday. I was going to ask if you've recently lost a lot more weight, but I'm always afraid people will think that's rude. You sure have more willpower than me! Of course, I have 3 kids that are too small to bike that far - maybe I'll follow your example in a couple more years. You can just be the skinny friend that everyone secretly hates to stand beside :o)